It is wonderful to be able to talk to someone who has so eagerly combined her First Life and Second Life together, even to the extent of creating some truly fabulous merchandise and also having a plum job working for the most prestigious company in Second Life... and this is just her work!!
Read more about her below to see how she has successfully merged her real life and second life together so well. It was a pleasure to speak to my friend again and I hope we will be seeing and hearing a lot more of her in London.
About Your Business
1. What inspired you to start your business?
2. Tell us about your business, what were your aims and goals in Second Life, for
I sell a lot of landscaping and home type of items. I'm working on creating new and better landscaping items and designs featuring scripted menus that allow unbelievable customization options. I am aiming to expand eventually into skins and maybe some fashion items, possibly even entire avatars.
3. How long have you owned your business in Second Life ?
4. We are thrilled to have your business in London! What about London that interested you to set up a shop here ?
I like the community and the massive efforts the staff put into making their customers and shop owners happy. They really dedicate a lot of time and effort into making things perfect. I run my main shop out of Magic Valley but wanted to expand and felt a place that had so much care and effort put into it would be the right place for me to expand.
5. What are your future plans for your business? Any exciting or new products
Am working on a new line of skins! Looking forward to sharing those sometime in the near future I hope! Should be a variety of skins ranging from natural to fantasy.
1. How long have you been in Second Life?
My born-on-date is 8/25/2007 (1714) so I guess I'm a little old lady now. haha!
2. What made you first join Second Life?
A co-worker mentioned it to me one day... so I decided to give it a shot... on an ollllld barely functioning laptop no less... fell in love so a new computer was a MUST! Have been a dedicated SL lover ever since.
3. What are some of the strangest things you have experienced or seen in Second Life?
Oh my.... penis attachments come to mind first off... lol... but what haven't I seen? It's all here!
4. Other than owning a business in Second Life, what are some other things you do while you are in Second Life?
I socialize with a really great group of friends, build a lot, do a bit in DJing, design, listen to music, and manage an amazing Outer Space Fantasy Park called Pandoria! In my spare time, I dabble with photography and am happy to do freelance photoshoots for anyone interested. I'm also a graphic artist for Best of SL magazine and totally LOVE working for them!
5. If you could invite anyone from RL into SL, who would it be?
I've invited nearly everyone I know... some stay but most don't seem to take the same interest... but I guess I would invite... hmmm... all of my family and friends back home if they would come! It would make living abroad much easier to have them all here with me in SL. I'm an American living in Australia as I met my RL/SL husband here in SL.... on an asteroid.... in outer space.... of all things. Just imagine how much fun I have telling people in the REAL WORLD about that one! haha. :)