Merchant Spotlight on Dancer Glimmer

The Expo has been really popular this week and I managed to catch up with one of our wonderful exhibitors, Dancer Glimmer of Glimmer Moon Warehouse.





About Your Business

1.  What inspired you to start your business? 

In 2006 I opened Astoria della Mar - which is a vintage themed garden and lake Hangout for dancing and romancing.  It really was a way to showcase my compulsive antique collecting...I had the most beautiful vintage objects on display!

In the more recent years, I was inspired to try creating my own vintage items to augment the collection - but eventually the collection of purchased antiques morphed into my shop! I certainly have not duplicated the original Astoria della Mar decor - but I'd like to think I've kept the same international vintage feel and ambiance.  I still have a steady group of couples who come to have a quiet dance or chat.

2.  Tell us about your business, what were your aims and goals in Second Life, for 
your business?


I think that's sort of answered in #1 :-)

But, I'll add that it was fun to apply my RL advertising/marketing skills on the grids.  Balancing the aspects of being a hangout AND a shop was a priority for me too. 

3.  How long have you owned your business in Second Life ? 

I guess it was 2008 when I made a few vintage mirrors and opened a tiny warehouse at Astoria della Mar.  I listed them on SLMarketplace too... but it's only been since 2010 that I took Glimmer Moon Warehouse seriously, putting together a modest branding for it, advertising, blogging, and the gradual evolution to what it is now....and I got serious and began working with prims daily and adding new shop content weekly.

4.  We are thrilled to have your business in London!  What about London that  interested you to set up a shop here ? 


I met Terry and Mike Wumpole when they were shopping at Glimmer Moon...and they were so cool to offer space at the awesome London.  It's exciting and a privilege to be a part of something so big (and professional!)

5.  What are your future plans for your business?  Any exciting or new products 
launching soon?


I'm never sure about my shop's future...I still find myself awed that I even have a business here!  :-)

I hope to continue creating fun antiques that I'd love to have in RL! 

6.  (LOL - I just wanted to add one more detail for your consideration)  I also really enjoy the InWorldz grid.  The prim allotment there is so much more generous, and when I approach building something, there's no need to be limited by prim concerns.  One can really work with greater freedom!  It was when I began experimenting there, that I found my real interest for building and developed any skills I have now.  I have a full sim there and it is my true prim playground!  Any skills I have here were definitely honed there!

About You


1.  How long have you been in Second Life?   

I joined SL in November 2006.

2.  What made you first join Second Life?  

I was a fan of The Sims Online and I followed some friends from there over.

3.  What are some of the strangest things you have experienced or seen in Second Life? 

I find ALL of virtual living bizarre - particularly if I try to describe it to anyone in RL! Yet, much odder than anything I've SEEN on my viewer, are things I've FELT as a result of virtual life!  The strange way our emotions get involved so quickly....and with such force!

The depth of feeling one can have in SL....love, lust, deceit, devotion, and so much more...it's really an emotional place!  I still cannot understand how things happen so much faster here than RL.

4.  Other than owning a business in Second Life, what are some other things you do while you are in Second Life?  

I'm rather reclusive in SL, but I do make a point to catch a live music performance with AM Quar and Joaquin Gustav once a week.

5.  If you could invite anyone from RL into SL, who would it be?  

Leonardo da Vinci, of course!  Imagine his mind free of RL restraints!!
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review